October 17, 2021

Published from Mumbai, Delhi & Bhopal

Victoria Beckham ‘breaks her 20-year no carb rule

Los Angeles: The former footballer, who is reportedly being lined up for a stint on Celebrity Bake Off, is said to have been experimenting with recipes during the lockdown.

According to reports, Victoria ‘couldn’t get enough’ of David’s homemade pizza after using various different toppings.

Although it has been claimed that the fashion designer, who is known for her love of steamed fish and vegetables, is ‘back to clean eating’ now autumn is approaching. A source said: ‘Victoria hasn’t touched a carb since 2001. But at the start of lockdown, David started experimenting with recipes — making the dough from scratch and trying various toppings.’

They added: ‘Victoria eventually relented and had a small slice.  ‘Things progressed and, basically, she couldn’t get enough of David’s delicious golden dough balls.’

David has been perfecting his recipes on their lavish Cotswold estate where he has been spending the lockdown with his wife and three children, Harper, Cruz, and Romeo,. Eldest son Brooklyn, spent it in America with fiancée Nicola Peltz.

He has been putting the extra time at home to good use as he masters some of his mum’s old recipes with the help of his only daughter and their wood fired oven. He previously enrolled in Italian cookery classes when he was on loan to the football company, AC Milan in 2001.

He also signed up for French cooking lessons in when he was staying in the country in 2013. The Beckham power couple have dined at Michelin-starred restaurants across the globe.

David can call the famed chef, Gordon Ramsay, one of his closest friends and has appeared alongside his pal on his cooking show, The F Word. It comes after it was reported that David is being lined up for a stint on Celebrity Bake Off.

The ex-England captain, who has taken cookery lessons in France and Italy, has been asked to star on the Channel 4 show after bosses became aware of his passion for food.

The 45-year-old has been approached to take part on next year’s series, filming for which would start later this year.

A source close to the star said on Sunday: ‘David loves cooking and has been doing a lot of it during lockdown. He’d be great for Bake Off.’

Hindi Website